Only a week late in revealing these

Spiral Mitts, from here. Locally raised, dyed alpaca 4ply yarn. I made them a little snug in adjusting the pattern, but being alpaca they should relax after a wash. I weighed and divided the original 50gm ball in half, knit the first one until there was only a few metres of yarn left, finished and started the second half for the second mitt. Also I did my usual thing and for the second mitt changed the stitch to YO, SSK to mirror the spirals. Funnily enough the colours pooled similarly on each hand when the thumb gusset changed the stitch count!

20140429-183501.jpg

20140429-183549.jpg
PS the lump on my arm is my watch underneath!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s