Another month, another sockathon is over..

It may shock you to know that I was so foolish as to join Southern Summer of Socks with the intention of knitting some gobsmacking number of pairs of socks (four? six? I refuse to go back and check – too blush-making!)

It being April, and the whole shebang now being officially over, it is time to sit back and assess…

Finished:
My creation
one pair of Falling Leaves socks, in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, ‘Old Rose’ colourway.
75% done: Mum’s Salty Toes socks, in Tofutsies
70% done: a pair of toddler socks, for either my DD#2 or my niece, depending on fit, in stash self-patterning Patonyle
45% done: halfway up the leg of the first Jacobean sock, navy Patonyle from stash
24% done: cuff leg and part of heel of one Monkey, in ‘Bruised Plum’ colourway on Hercules sock yarn from the Jolly Jumbuck
20% done: cuff and leg of one Welt Fantastic, neglected since early Dec after a truly disastrous first attempt at a heel
2% done: cuff and top of leg for knee-high socks for DD#1 (as requested), in Tofutsies – however, this will be frogged and restarted on larger needles – I am not going to kill myself knitting her knee-highs on 2mm needles. Nu-uh. Not this Mum. No way.
2% done: tip of tow of a pair of socks for the MOMD, in Moda Vera Socks from Spotties, self-striping (kind-of) in orange, brown, indigo and a splash of purple, with a bit of white now and then so you can see the difference – $5 for 100gm, cheap for handknits socks for a husbeast.
1% done: small swatch of more Jolly Jumbuck sock yarn, this time ‘Las Vegas’

Untouched since I forget when – 35% of a pair of Mermaid socks – I want to do the heel before I work out where to do the toe, and just haven’t gotten there yet.
Also untouched – 65% of a pair of socks for DD#1, languishing in a bag since last winter. And they’re only ankle-length. And she’s a small five yr old.
::sigh::

While I did not actually get on with any (I think) of the patterns I originally planned on, I did learn a number of new techniques, I’ve learned new cast-ons and cast-offs, done something a little lacy, am doing something textured, and am learning more about what methods and needles and so forth I like to use. This winter I’ll be a little more realistic, perhaps just focussing on turning all partials into pairs… and then I’ll be all ready to start next year’s SSoS!!
Top

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s